A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than that of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact. - Aldo Leopold

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Black and white versions of hike photos

My favorite part of the Hill Country Photography Club meetings is the critique section. Members submit photos for critique by the other members. I find it an invaluable way to get feedback on my photography and I've learned much. It's also great to see what other people are doing.

Here are two of my photos I had critiqued at the last meeting. They are both versions of photos which I posted last time.

First, the Whitemouth Dayflower:

Next, the Black-eyed Susans:

Making the images black and white emphasizes different aspects than the color versions. You get a better impression of the shapes, forms, and textures. It certainly provides a different way to appreciate nature.

Perhaps you can play "find the differences" and see what else I did besides the black and white conversion!

No comments:

Post a Comment